Hyder Construction Services
It isn't just what we do, it's how we do it. Before, during, and after every engagement, our clients' interests are our primary concern. We provide the trusted knowledge, astute guidance, and reputable leadership that creates an environment where the owner, architect, contractor, and trades collaborate as equals. We keep the lines of communication open, emphasize preplanning, and enforce proven installation practices. We are passionate from beginning to end about achieving the ultimate result — creating a building of the highest quality that the entire team is proud to have been a part of and enjoyed every part of the process along the way.
Let us know what you have planned — large or small. We'll work hard to be a valued team player, dealing with owners and team members openly and directly and give your project the quality attention that it deserves.
No two projects are alike. Early involvement and understanding the owner's needs are critical to the team’s success. As an owner advocate, we scrutinize every aspect of the project to ensure the best value and tailor our preconstruction service to meet the unique goals of each client. We provide accurate and valuable information to our clients so they can make informed decisions regarding their project before construction begins, ultimately saving time and money.
- Achieve the best overall design value with added constructability expertise
- Provide accurate pricing so the project team can make well-informed decisions
- Achieve the lowest as-built price
- Ensure a coordinated, buildable set of construction documents
Hyder’s unique services and cutting-edge expertise often overshadow the heart of what we do — which is build buildings. If you want to know what we do, just take a look at what we’ve done: Hyder Projects
Great people and proven processes are the two keys to a successful construction project. Our people always have been and always will be our most valuable resource and every employee at Hyder has their own unique combination of talent and experience. We implement proven processes and procedures that will ensure each project is built safely, mitigate project risks, protect our owner’s budget, deliver a high quality product, and maximize our owner’s return on investment.
- Open-book, transparent budget approach allows owners to know exactly where dollars are being spent at all times
- Hyder's DocuLink management system provides the project team with real time, reliable information
- Scheduling expertise will keep all team members informed and eliminate surprises
- The highest quality standard will be delivered from the foundation down to the last finish detail
Virtual Design & Construction
Our Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) process does much more than merely generate a clash-detection report from a 3-D model. We combine the Building Information Model (BIM) with our time-tested construction knowledge to provide clients with an informative, collaborative delivery method for their project. This shared platform allows the construction trades to more thoroughly understand the project and communicate effectively with the design teams and the owner to mitigate risk for each stakeholder.
The VDC process integrated with our knowledgeable estimating department, informs owners of the projected building costs while keeping the budget in focus. This integration helps us avoid unnecessary value-engineering exercises that potentially diminish the appearance or function of the building. We work with the owner and the design teams to identify the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions without compromising the building performance.
- Reduces project costs by providing a continuous value-engineering pipeline
- Virtual mock-ups of challenging construction details reduces problems during and after construction
- Virtual logistical planning ensures efficient sequencing of the work
- Prefabrication opportunities are maximized to benefit the schedule
- Virtual construction eliminates conflicts and scope gaps in the documents
Our electronic document management system uses Bluebeam Revu software to track the project construction documents in real time keeping the project team updated and informed. Digital workflow and information exchange allows the entire project team to review and markup construction documents and share comments efficiently.
- Exchange real-time information and contract documents electronically with the entire project team, anytime, anywhere
- Electronically track all changes with the design team
- Closeout documentation is turned over electronically for easy storage and access
Delivering a successful sustainable project requires a commitment. Sustainable construction goes far beyond analyzing and following construction documents. Our construction experts can assist you in balancing the immediate costs of sustainable construction with the long-term operational paybacks. We can create a cost-benefit analysis that will help determine both sustainable and realistic goals for your project. Commitment and collaboration are the keys to success.
The majority of Hyder’s operational staff are Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professionals. Our knowledge and skills in sustainable building practices will help you make decisions that are sustainable, practical, and effective.
- Reduce operation and maintenance costs of the building or structure
- Minimize harmful effects to people and the environment
- Achieve a higher return on investment
- Eliminate waste and implement recycling programs
You can expect methodical and efficient closeout and commissioning of your project. We pride ourselves on closing out projects and taking them across the finish line with the same effort and intensity we put into starting your project. Rest assured, we are local and here to stay. That means we don’t move staff off the project before it’s complete, we hold all subs accountable to the final punch list, and we have dedicated staff to handle warranty issues if they arise. We will get all necessary documents turned over on time and if you have any issues whatsoever, we’ll be there.
- We will not slow down or lose focus until the end user is moved in and satisfied
- All closeout documentation is turned over electronically using Hyder DocuLink
- Warranty issues are responded to quickly and efficiently