For this position, we are looking for a Junior Estimator with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Estimators at Hyder prepare the budgets for bids and proposals for nearly all projects from concept to completion. In this capacity, it is the Estimators' responsibility to recruit subcontractors and suppliers and generate interest to bid selected projects. Estimators also work closely with the Project Managers on post-bid buyouts and design-build efforts.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Strong knowledge of construction materials and methods
- Strong computer skills
- Dedication to detail, accuracy and standard procedure
- Ability to develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Strong math and analytical skills in regards to cost and pricing
Key requirements include:
- Ability to visualize projects from conceptual drawings
- Proficient communication skills
- Well-established organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team, both as leader and assistant
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Nicole Frank