For this position, we are looking for an experienced Carpenter that can be assigned to a broad range of work tasks including maintaining all safety rules.
Key requirements include:
- Constructs, erects, installs and repairs structures, concrete forms, fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools while conforming to local building codes.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to structures or fixtures needing fabrication.
- Layout using rules, framing square and calipers.
- Shapes materials to specifications or measurements using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials, and can fasten together using nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Can verify trueness of structure by using plumb bobs and carpenter levels.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs, lay-outs and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Cover subfloors, lays hardwood, parquets and wood-strip block floors by nailing or cementing to mastic or asphalt bases.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Nicole Frank