Hyder Construction is seeking a Carpenter with 2-3 years of documented carpenter experience. Hyder Carpenters are assigned to a broad range of work tasks including following all safety rules.
Key responsibilities include:
- Constructs, erects, installs and repairs structures, concrete forms, fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools while conforming to local building codes.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to structures or fixtures needing fabrication.
- Layout using building instruments and carpentry tools.
- Shapes materials to specifications or measurements using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials, and can fasten together using appropriate fasteners.
- Can verify trueness of structure by using plumb bobs and building instruments.
- Erects framework for structures and lays subflooring.
- Builds stairs, lay-outs and installs partitions and cabinet work.
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders.
- Know safety requirements for temporary barricades and safety railing.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Nicole Frank