Merrick TI Achieves LEED Gold
March 19, 2014
The tenant improvement Hyder Construction completed last spring for Merrick & Company’s new Greenwood Village corporate headquarters has achieved LEED Gold Certification. Late last year the project was also awarded two Green Globes by The Green Building Initiative (GBI).
Some sustainable aspects of the renovated 103,500 S.F. building include:
- All paints, adhesives, fabrics, and flooring products are low VOC products
- High efficient systems (mechanical/electrical, HVAC)
- Construction team diverted more than 50% of construction waste/debris from landfills
- Purchased renewable energy credits from a local wind power utility to provide all energy needs
- Reuse of some existing materials (some furnishings and portions of existing ceiling)
- Use of high efficiency water fixtures and faucets, reducing anticipated water usage by over 35% compared to a baseline use
This project, designed by RNL, encompassed three floors comprised of all new finishes including carpet, flooring, and ceiling; new lighting, retrofitted mechanical and electrical systems; and a controlled access area with a dedicated mechanical system, cooling system, and access floor.