Breckenridge Recreation Center Wraps Up
June 25, 2018
Hyder received the final Certificate of Occupancy for the Breckenridge Recreation Center last Friday, June 15th after the final phases of the remodel wrapped up. The Breckenridge Recreation Center celebrated its grand reopening with a ribbon cutting ceremony on May 22, 2018.
The project consisted of a number of elements including:
- A new state-of-the-art tennis complex with two climate controlled indoor tennis courts, new locker rooms, a pro shop and training facility. The site work at the tennis facility was particularly challenging and went through a number of major redesigns that led up to the final configuration.
- The heart of the recreation center remodel project was the conversion of the existing indoor tennis facility into a new turf gym, cardio workout room, and weight training room. The building square footage was increased by 8,600 square feet by adding a mezzanine in the existing indoor tennis courts. The recreation center guests now enjoy twice as much space, filled with the latest state-of-the-art workout equipment. Despite design challenges, the renovation was completed by January so that the patrons could start on their New Year's Resolutions. A new physical therapy clinic, lobby remodel, and event space renovation were also tucked within this phase of the project.
- The entire building also went through a major mechanical retrofit with the replacement of most of the air handlers, exhaust fans, condensers, and a complete upgrade of the controls package.
- After the completion of the new workout facilities, phase 2 of the project included converting the existing workout facilities into new administrative offices and a top-of-the-line kids' area, complete with an indoor playground.
- Phase 3 of the project included converting the old administrative offices into a new group workout facility and converting the old physical therapy clinic into conference space.
Work will continue the rest of this month with the final landscaping and tennis court coatings.